photographer in the museum store. They change their exhibitions every other month and if you ever
see they have one by Elliott Erwitt; I recommend you to see it will all of my heart.
2. Eat corn with chili and lime together with a Corona at Café Habana in SoHo. I just love this Cuban place; their food, music and the lively atmosphere.
3. Walk through Central Park and see Strawberry Fields, Jackie Onassis reservoir and meet the squirrels.
4. Walk Bleecker Street from West Village to Soho, have a coffee and a mango salad at Angelique. The streets are filled with high ends stores, coffee shops and nice restaurants.
5. Eat a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery (favorite: chocolate with vanilla topping)
6. Go to a Jets or Giants game in the summer time. Arrive early and get to see the “tailgating” which is a many hour-long barbeque. Buy a foam finger.
7. Go to the cinema and order the largest popcorn they got. Try Ziegfeld Cinema I Midtown.
8. Eat at Delicatessen and order fries, fish tacos and artichoke dip with nachochips.
9. See a musical at Broadway. I love the play “Jersey Boys” with music from the fifties and sixties.
10. Take the subway from Manhattan to Brooklyn and walk around the area “Fort Greene” for coffeshops and vintage stores. Stop at the supercute café, The General Greene, have a glass of wine, some food and try their amazing ice cream.
11. Eat at the rooftop of STK in Meatpacking in summertime and see the astonishing sunset over Manhattan and New Jersey.
12. Go to 5 Ninth, a cozy café in Meatpacking. They have the nicest backyard where you can sit and chill with a glass of wine.
13. Have Cocktails at The Standard/The Boom Boom room and see NY by night (even from the toilets.) Every night they have live jazz/blues performance, it’s like beeing in Mad Men for a night.
14. Have a cocktail/punch at Maharlika (ask for the one with absinth, it’s amazing). The food is also worth trying when you are looking for something new and different, Filipino Cuisine.1
15. Experience a concert, in Madison Square Garden or somewhere else. I got to see Aretha Franklin: it was amazing!
16. Go dancing and drink champagne at Lavo, 1Oak, The Box, WIP or Gansevoort.
17. Walk the Highline, a railway made to the nicest park in Meatpacking District. Bring a book and a coffee and enjoy the quiet atmosphere.
18. Go to Death and Co and have one of their many amazing cocktails together with an exclusive Mac’n’cheese. Death & Co is a hidden in East Village and you find several other cool bars in the area.
20. Shop Vintage at Janes closet in Williamsburg.
21. Have a glass of wine at Juliettes in Williamsburg, Bedford Avenue. They have an amazing rooftop.
22. Try The Meatballshop in West Village or in Williamsburg (favorite: vegetarian balls)
23. See NY from Rockefeller center, Top of the Rock, much better view than the Empire State Building
24. Eat asian fusion at one of these two extraordinary restaurants: Buddakhan in Meatpacking, truly fantastic Asian fusion. You can choose from several courses or pick one of their set menus. The middle menu is more than enough. Or/and at Tao and order several small dishes to share. Their cocktails are also definitely worth trying. Take a photo next to the Buddah.
25. Eat the best pizza ever at Grimaldis, which is right under Brooklyn Bridge at Brooklyn side. Mix whatever you prefer of meat, vegetables and cheese. And enjoy!
26. See the Statue of Liberty and Staten Island. The view from the ferry over to Manhattan is truly like a Kodak Moment.
27. Experience the amazing memorial made by Snøhetta. Also, in 2012 Snøhetta will reconstruct Times Square to make it more convenient for both people and traffic. Walk further from the Memorial to Wall Street and financial district. Buy a coffe and sit by the Winter Garden, the view is so peaceful and pretty.
28. Eat nachochips and guacamole at Dos Caminos while sipping on a frozen margarita (favorite: mango flavor)
29. Go to a hidden bar in China Town; Apothek. I love the fact that the neighborhood is dark and anonymous, while inside there’s a fancy party.
30. Have a vegetarian burrito at 88 Orchard, sit there for hours, listen to jazz, order a cup of tea or a glass of wine, bring a book or your favorite friend.
31. Eat mussels and drink prosecco at Schillers in East Village.
32. Have cocktails at Beauty&Essex (favorite: spicy cocktail with pepper). This is also a hidden bar&restaurant where you first enter a music store before you walk through another door into a supercool bar and even further in there is a restaurant. Bring your girlfriends to the toilet: they serve free champagne there.
33. Shop at Bloomingdales, Macys and Barneys.
34. Shop a Kate Spade wallet, a Marc Jacobs scarf and a Mulberry pouch.
35. Find a book at Book Marc right next to Marc Jacobs store in Bleecker street
36. Go to a jazz concert at Lincoln center and have a glass of red wine. They have concerts almost everyday and it is such great performances.
37. Shop in Soho and remember to walk the cross streets of Broadway (Greene street, Mulberry, Spring etc)
38. Visit NikeTown at Trump Tower
39. Use a Sunday in Brooklyn and go to the Flea Market. Last time we were there we found several designer brands.
41. Go to MOMA and New Museum of Modern art and Guggenheim museum
42. Use hours at Barnes and Noble and find all your favorite books
43. Walk from 59th and Broadway to 110th and Broadway and see all the nice cafes, shops and restaurants. Walk the same distance only on Upper East Side. Here you will see all the designer stores, celebrities and the richer part of Manhattan.
44. Walk from Canal street through China Town, Little Italy and lower East side. Eat at a random place in China town and experience the chaotic but cool atmosphere there.
45. Walk Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, stop at every vintage shop, coffee shop and supermarket. I love the relaxed surroundings there.
46. Eat a mushroom salad and bring a book to The Grey Hound café. Super-hip place, I could stay there for hours.
47. Have an amazing meal at DBGB! And don’t necessarily have sausage or hotdogs (which are their specialty), instead order many small plates of the pizza bread, deviled eggs and salad and share it all, the food is amazing.
48. Have a great dinner and try the Shoe string fries at The Spotted Pig. The place is so cool and always crowded and fun.
49. Bring all your friends and have a bottle of Prosecco for under 30 dollar at Café Yaffa in East Village.
50. Go to Comedy Cellar and laugh until you fall of the chair. I laughed so much I cried. Several famous comedians have performed here and many has also been discovered at this spot.